Friday, October 24, 2008

Holiday Cards


Have you purchased Stampin' Up!'s multi pack of the new "In Colors"? I challenged myself to use some in colors and create a holiday card.

This first card I used Baja Breeze card stock for the base, the pattern paper is from the Best Ever Simply Scrappin' Kit, Whisper White and Kraft cardstock and the ribbon is the new Riding Hood Red Taffeta Ribbon. The rhinestone brad is from the prettie's kit.

This combination was not planned. My goal was to use the ribbon and I just started layering papers and voila! I fell in love with this combination and the ribbons is very elegant. The snowflake stamp is retired and from the 2007-2008 Stampin' Up! catalog.


Next I wanted to use the Baja Breeze striped grosgrain ribbon. The card base is Baja Breeze with Whisper White and Gray with a silver brad. Instead of adding a pattern paper, stamp the lower half of your card and place your ribbon as the divider.
I tried out several of the new ribbons during my stamping weekend and loved them all. Stampin' Up! ribbons are fabulous...excellent quality. Treat yourself and purchase some emblishments to create with.

No comments: