Tuesday, October 21, 2008

I have been away stamping!

I am back from my annual girls weekend with T-n-T (actually only one T could be there - missed you Tricia)! Tonya and I left last Wednesday evening to go to her parent's cabin in Elbow Lake. I think this is the 3rd year we have had our girls weekend during MEA and it is so much fun! The two of us bring EVERYTHING, pack up her van and not to return until late Sunday evening. This is one of my favorite annual events and it was fantastic.

This year we had an early return on Sunday...my oldest fractured his wrist. I received the call about 1:45. Tonya and I immediately started packing. We packed and cleaned the cabin in 1 hr and 15 min (record time).
The next few posts will show off my creations. This first card is a free standing pop up card. I was inspired by the tutorial at http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resources/tutorials/freestandingpopupcard/.

Receipe: All Stampin' Up! products - Paper and Ink: kiwi kiss, tangerine tango, riding hood red, so saffron, whisper white. Punches and Tools: 1/4, 1 1/4 and 1 3/8 circle punches, corner rounder, crop-a-dile, mat pack. Ribbons and Accessories: tangerine tango ribbon, brads, eyelet, twine.

This is a fun card to make. The only varience I made from the instructions was to not enlarge the slot size (you would need to enlarge the slot size if you had embleshments on the front of the card). Sorry the picture is a little blurry; operator error. Here are some more:


I made 16 of these cards; all a little different.

If you create a pop up card, send me a picture by email and I will share your creation here on my blog!
More stamping weekend posts to come!

No comments: